Absolutely! You don't need a fancy camera to take beautiful home photos (though it helps).
Here are our top phone interior photography tips:
- Open all of your blinds / window coverings to allow max natural light
- Avoid turning on lights (try to only turn on lights for rooms without windows; ie. bathrooms)
- Never use flash
- Depending on where the majority of your windows face, try to take photos when the sunlight is strongest
- Keep your phone at around your belly level (it's ok to not see the photo before taking it; you can check it over afterwards)
- Keep vertical lines vertical (ie. edges of windows / walls / doors / etc)
- Take mostly horizontal (landscape) photos but mix it up with some vertical (portrait) accents
- The best angles are taken from a corner of the room facing the opposite diagonal corner, or straight on photos that allow shelves / cabinets to make perfect squares and rectangles
For a full set of tips, recommended shots, and sample photos, be sure to check out our Mobile Photography Guide!